Rules of the Race
1) Be courteous. There are plenty of passing opportunities on this course but if you must pass right this minute, please do so in a kind way. If you have a mechanical issue, please repair it on the side of the course and allow riders to pass easily. We're all out here having a good time!
2) Be a good person. No littering, help out if someone is in need, use restrooms where available, smile, and say thanks to all of the great volunteers out on course.
3) Riders must be registered. No poaching, please. It's rude. Refer to rules #1 and #2
4) Be Prepared. This is a self-support course and it isn't downhill both ways (1,900' ish feet of up and down fun over 15.5 miles). We will NOT be offering a bag drop. All of your support will need to be on you or at the solo or neutral support zone at base camp. If you have a mechanical issue while out, it's always a good idea to have something on you to take care of minor problems like flats, chains, etc... There will also be patrols out supporting the race if you really need an SOS.
5) Lap Rules. Don't cheat, we're (our technology is) watching!
6) Respect the SLOW – NO PASSING ZONE signs. Don't pass other riders in these zones and be careful.
If you plan on riding through and doing another lap without taking a break, you do not have to have to dismount and check-in/out at the exchange area. You only need to dismount and check-in at the exchange tent if you are taking a break.Duo & Team Riders:
When teams are transitioning from rider to rider, each person must exit and enter the course through the exchange tent.
When you are out on course, as you approach the transition area, you must dismount your bike and exit to the right in the transition area. Your next team member going out, will not begin until you have crossed the timing mat, and exited the course through the transition area.
7) No riding in Pit Zone. Succinctly put, No riding in Pit Zone.
8) Last Lap. The last lap cut-off for the 12 division is at 6:00 pm. The last lap cut-off for the 6-hour division is also at 6:00 pm.
9) We make every reasonable attempt to resolve issues in a timely, fair and courteous manner. If you have a problem or issue, please find a race official and express your concerns. The GOAL Foundation as the governing organization will make a final decision and notify you within a reasonable amount of time.
10) No Headphones. Due to the nature of our course, we need to have all of our riders alert and able to hear when other riders are approaching.