Half Marathon - May 17th, 2014
The 1/2 Marathon course begins at the last half of the full Marathon at an elevation of 5,000 feet. The Gun blows at 6:45 a.m. along with the Full and the 5K. You will start the 1/2 by running around Pineview Reservoir then drop into Ogden Canyon where you will run along the roaring Ogden River. Breathtaking views of pine covered slopes changing into steep rock faces will be encountered along with quaint homes nestled along the river's edge. Exiting the canyon you run onto the Ogden River Parkway for approximately 2 miles which will take you past Dinosaur Park and the Utah State University Botanical Gardens. The course ends downtown on Historic 25th street at an elevation of 4,309 Feet.
Start & Finish
- The Half Marathon starts at Marathon mile 13.1 located slightly north of Eden Park in and finishes on Historic 25th Street
Aid stations at the following Full Marathon miles
- Start, 14.3, 15.5, 17, 18.5, 20, 21.2, 23, 24, 25
- Water and powerade will be provided at every aid station
- CLIF SHOT gel will be available at miles: 17, and 23
- THE MAIN CLIF SHOT ZONE IS LOCATED AT MILE 17. STOP AND SAY HI TO THE CLIF TEAM!
- CLIF Bars and fruit will be available at miles: 15.5, 21.2, 25
- Fruit will be available at miles: half start line, 18, 23
- Minor first aid supplies and Vaseline will be available at all aid stations
Available at Full Marathon miles: 15.5, 17, 19, 21, 23
You can drive to the start of the 1/2 Marathon but parking is limited and there is no shuttle back to the start after the race. To minimize the impact of vehicles in the valley, the Ogden Marathon requests that all participants use the shuttle bus service provided. Click here for Saturday morning parking recommendations.
- Load and leave at 5:00 am
- Leave from 25th and Washington Blvd. in front of the Key Bank Building.Half Marathon Buses will load on the WEST side of the street. Your buses will be facing Southbound and will be marked appropriately.
- There is only one bus loading scheduled. Do not be late
- You will board the Half Marathon buses
- You will be required to show your Half Marathon race bib to board the bus